You are a Dreamwalker, lost in a mysterious labyrinth, and you must discover the oneiric doors before your dreamtime runs out – or you will remain trapped forever!
You may wander through the chambers of dreams, hoping that chance will reveal the doors, or you can linger in each type of room. In both cases, you will have to deal with the slithering Nightmares, which haunt the hallways of the labyrinth.
Onirim is a solo/cooperative card game. You (and a partner) must work (together) against the game to gather the eight Door cards before the deck runs out; you can obtain those Door cards either by playing cards of the same color three turns in a row, or by discarding (under specific circumstances) one of your powerful Key cards. In both cases you will have to decide the best use of each card in your hand and carefully play around the Nightmares. Those cards are hidden in the deck and will trigger painful dilemmas when drawn...
- 8 Door cards - two each of red, blue, green and brown
- 10 Nightmare cards
- 58 Labyrinth cards:
- 16 red chambers: 3 keys, 4 moons, 9 suns
- 15 blue chambers: 3 keys, 4 moons, 8 suns
- 14 green chambers: 3 keys, 4 moons, 7 suns
- 13 brown chambers: 3 keys, 4 moons, 6 suns
Three mini-expansions, all standalone and compatible with one another, are included with the basic game:
- "The Towers" introduces a new type of card that allows more searching and deck manipulation, while also imposing an additional victory condition.
- "Happy Dreams and Dark Premonitions" adds evil time bombs that will impede your progress at predictable moments of your quest as well as helpful but unreliable allies.
- In "The Book of Steps Lost and Found", you must find the eight Door cards in a randomly given order and may remove discarded cards from the game to cast powerful spells that will help you complete this difficult task.